The first Methodist preaching in Brunswick of which we have record is that of Melville Cox, an itinerant preacher who held a service in 1821 in a schoolhouse. In the early years, itinerant preachers of the Bath and Bowdoinham circuits organized classes and held services in borrowed facilities in Brunswick.
In 1836 under the leadership of Rev. Asahel Moore, a Methodist Society was organized. Later that year the Methodist Episcopal Society purchased a former Baptist meeting house on Federal Street. In 1866 the Methodists sold the Federal Street church to St. John’s Catholic Parish and built a church on Pleasant Street near the intersection with Maine Street. Toward the end of the 20th Century the need for parking space and a more modern facility was evident. In 1988 the Methodists moved to their present location at the corner of Church and Raymond Roads.